Day Support Services
Day support services: Individualized, community-based training and support services that help a person develop and maintain essential and personally enriching life skills so they can access and participate in activities they prefer in their community.
Day support services must teach and develop essential and personally enriching life skills that support a person’s community relationships, involvement and inclusion.
Day support services can provide training, supervision and support in essential life-skill areas, including, but not limited to:
2. Community access, mobility and safety, including:
3. Independent living
4. Interest-based decision-making
5. Money management and budgeting
6. Personal health and wellness, including needed physical and medical care
7. Positive behavior and mental health support
8. Problem-solving and conflict resolution
9. Personal self-care, including:
10. Self-direction and goal-setting
11. Socialization (i.e., social skills development and relationship-building), including:
12. Therapeutic intervention activities or accommodations that increase the person’s adaptive-skill functioning.
Personally enriching life skills
Day support services can provide learning opportunities and support in the person’s preferred life-enriching activities, including:
• Connecting with and teaching about the use of various community resources
• Discovering and supporting the person’s participation in their preferred recreational and
• Exploring community activities and discovering the person’s preferences